Monday, September 20, 2010

Sack Cloth and Ashes?



Remember this old saying? Well, sack cloth is not what it used to be! Today, vintage sack cloth is selling for the high dollar. As an example check out several listed on Ebay. In fact, they made the "it" list with Horchow. These are great to use decoratively as I have in my kitchen photo above, or stitched up for decorative pillows as with the Horchow Collection, framed for wall art, etc. Works great for a beach house, country or rustic decor. I would love to get some feedback from you on other ideas as well.

If you sew at all, you are only limited by your imagination and your budget. I love to check out the thrift stores (where I found mine) or antique shops. If you are lucky, you may already have one stashed away in the attic. Any way you do it you can be sure it will be a one-of-a-kind treasure...and you created it yourself! Happy hunting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment