Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My First "Enchanted" Blog


I have decided to try something new...so this will be my first blog under my Enchanted Cottage title. It is an extension of my design company. In addition to it being a lifelong passion, I have been actively engaged in the design business for over 15 years. I have worked with clients on exclusive homes from the beaches of Oahu and Malibu to mountain retreats in Deer Valley, Utah. I know there are many wonderful design idea blogs out there (I follow several myself) and I do not want this to be just another one on an already very long and impressive list. To that end, I pledge to stretch my creativity somewhat beyond the usual trends and prattle and hopefully shake up a few old ideas on the subject. Many of my clients are do-it-yourselfers and let's face it, with today's economy most of us are looking for ways to cut back on our budget.

That being said, who doesn't want (and need) some refreshing new interest and color injected into our lives from time to time. Here's the good news...it doesn't have to be expensive and you can do it yourself. In my years of experience as a designer, I have found that adding some exciting self-expression and personality to our home interiors can be one of the greatest ways to add that "lift we all need from time to time. In fact, this is one of the best reasons to redecorate. So let's get busy and pull ourselves out of that slump we may be finding ourselves in. After all, whether you are a career person out in the world or a real home body, your home is the last place you visit at the end of the day and the first place you see almost every morning. It is probably also your biggest investment. Why not make it a true reflection of the " real you" buried beneath the everyday hassles and clutter? You may be amazed at how creative you can be...and even more amazed at how much fun and excitement it can add to your life!

So, to get my new blog off to a good start, I hope you will use the " comment" section below to send me your questions and thoughts so that I might be able to focus on actual problems and concerns you may have with you own projects...

Bonnie
The Enchanted Cottage, LLC

3 comments:

  1. I love this! We will be checking in often to see what ideas you are sharing. How nice of you to share your talent with others......Debbie Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading what you have to say. I have a picture to take of an area in my house that I can't figure out what to do with. Would love to hear what you think! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Dottie...email me the picture;-)

    ReplyDelete